- ground floor bedroom & bath
- Air Conditioned
- hands-on opportunities with farm animals
- central Lancaster County location
- sleeps 12
The Lapp Family Amish guesthouse is located just outside the town of Intercourse. Surrounded by Amish farmland with a view from the front porch of the valley. Although this is not a farm property, there are horses in the meadow, and depending on time of year the farmers may be working the fields with horses or mules. Our guesthouse has 5 bedrooms and sleeps up to 10 people. Bring your in-laws! It also features a large fully furnished kitchen with stove, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, etc. with dining area, a sitting room and full bath on the first floor. (please scroll through our photos above) Or enjoy an evening around a campfire in the outdoor picnic area. This is a modern guest house situated in the heart of Amish country.
First floor has a bedroom with a queen bed and a nursery with a child’s bed. An adjoining children’s toy room has a crib and 2nd child’s bed. Second floor has three bedrooms and a bathroom. A full basement for the children to play with some toys and games. No meals are served at the guest house, but the fully equipped kitchen allows you to enjoy meals in the comfort of the guesthouse. Food items can be purchased at the local Amish discount grocery store or the popular Stoltzfus Meats where you will find many wonderful meal items. Your stay will include a complimentary package of K-Cup coffee’s and selected snacks with your stay.
Guests who stay in the Lapp Family Guesthouse are offered the opportunity to interact with an Amish family. John & Linda have 6 children from 5 to 18 years of age. Depending on their schedule you may even be able to join them for a meal or spend some time in the evening at their home directly behind the guest house.
- Private guesthouse; you will be the only lodgers
- Full kitchen, sitting room & bathroom on first floor
- Sleeps 12 in six bedrooms, with a queen bed in the master bedroom.
- House has full electricity, AC, washer & dryer – no Wi-Fi or TV
- 2 or more nights: $110 per/night for 2 people, $10 each additional adult (over 12 years of age), 5 & under free
- Winter rates (2 or more nights from Dec.1 – Feb 28) $80 per/night for 2 people, $10 each additional, 5 & under free
- For a 1-night stay there is a $15 surcharge
- Check-in 3:00 PM or after – Check-out 11:00 AM
- Sorry, no pets allowed – No smoking
- tax of 7% and booking fees not included in above rates – please contact us with the size of your party & ages of any children for an exact quote
- Please click here to check availability & book online (look under “Amish Rural Properties or Farmettes”).
Submit your review
What a beautiful home surrounded by gorgeous countryside. Everything we needed was supplied and John stopped by to make sure we were comfortable and let us know he was right next door if we needed anything or had any problems. The house was spotless and well maintained . It was delightful to sit on the front porch each night of our stay and enjoy the scenery . We will definitely come back soon !
We're glad you enjoyed your stay!